Women’s Roles in Governments
With the promulgation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government Act of 2019, this category aims to strengthen women’s presence and capacities in tehsils, local and provincial decision-making bodies. Organizations must be able to demonstrate how project implementation can lead to women’s meaningful participation, and increase capacities to address Women, Peace and Security concerns.
The proposed initiative must further:
- Articulate the tools that will be used to engage local and provincial leaders;
- Develop clear training framework for capacity training;
- Interventions must address context specific Women, Peace and Security concerns; for example implementation of laws and policies addressing the prevalence of child marriages and/or honour killings; and
- Have local and provincial leaders as the key beneficiaries.
- Click here to download guidelines for Pakistan;
- Click here to download the application form;
- Call for applications closes on the 30th of August 2019.