This category recognizes the need to sustained advocacy support to ensure that women’s voices are reflected in policies of newly formed governance structures. Organizations must be able to demonstrate framework for advocacy support will directly impact policy and legal recommendations.
The proposed initiative must further:
- Clearly define policies and laws to be explored;
- Identify potential areas of engagement with women mediators and their respective networks;
- Demonstrate clear link between advocacy efforts and defined policies;
- Address the Women, Peace and Security concerns within the policy, for example women’s financial inclusion, gender-based violence, and social cohesion; and
- Have key beneficiaries of the project at both local and national levels.