Case Studies of Women Mediators
This category will support initiatives working to document and share best practices of women’s inclusion at a community level. Organizations must be able to illustrate research methodologies which engage entire communities on the impact of women’s participation in decision-making and conflict resolution. The aim of the documentation should be to illustrate how women as mediators and leaders results in social cohesion and builds resilience for sustainable peace.
The proposed initiative must further:
- Identify case studies illustrating the inherent benefits of women’s leadership in development of social cohesion;
- Develop platforms for knowledge sharing of case studies and best practices;
- Demonstrate how case studies will strengthening women’s leadership roles;
- In framing the case studies, explore gender specific challenges; and
- Have identifiable key beneficiaries.